Operation of Zigzag Embroidery
- Zigzag Embroidery (ZIG Embroidery): this function is to make the thread form the design with certain stitch forms, which have been saved in the computer in advance, the Z4 and Z5. The figures of these two kind of ZIG embroidery are shown at below:
- User can set the max speed for flat embroidery and the top speed for zigzag embroidery respectively.
- Auto saving of the stop point of the M axis：M axis will return to the stop point when the power resumes.
- Thread-trimming for Zigzag Function (Trim bottom thread Only)
- Before manual frame-moving, the zigzag device can lift the presser automatically, while it can also lower the presser before the embroidery
2. Key Technical Indexes
- Speed of Zigzag: 300~1000rpm, unit: 10rpm.
- M Axis Manual/ Auto Rotation Step: 18°/Step.
3. Procedure of Zigzag Embroidery
- Input zigzag embroidery design, then select, adjust and edit the design according to needs;
- Change parameter, select color-changing order and decide embroidery mode;
- Check zigzag embroidery position, and make sure it works normally;
- Start Embroidery
4. Related Parameter and Setting Mode
Click parameter setting key in main interface, then user can set the parameters relating to the zigzag embroidery.
- Right Zigzag Device: Y (N) —— Y means the first needle is the zigzag embroidery position.
- Left Zigzag Device: Y (N) —— Y means the last needle is the zigzag embroidery position.
- Zigzag Device Move Time: 2 (Default Value) —— User should set this value according to the actual action time of zigzag device.
- Swing Range of Zigzag: 100 (Default Value). This value is the rotating angle of the wheel. At the circumstance of thread-floating, user can decrease this value to relax the influence as an assistant method. Generally, this value should be no less than 80.
- Top Speed of Zigzag: 600 (Default Value). The top speed can be set to 1000rpm, but user needs set it on basis of the actual condition of machine.
- Thread-loosing Motor for Zigzag Embroidery: Yes/No. if the device is double motor taping device, user needs to set it at “Y”, or user should set it as “N”.
- Zigzag Thread-loosing Adjustment Value: this is to adjust the thread-sending speed of all the thread-loosing motors. The recommended value is 9.
- Frame Swing of Z5 Embroidery: by adjusting the frame, user can change the embroidery range (The senior users are recommended to use this parameter).
- Zigzag Right Device Origin: this is for the angle between the threading point and the direction of the mechanical origin of zigzag device at first needle position. Angle = Parameter value *0.9. For an example, the parameter value is 80; the angle will be 80*0.9=72°.
- Zigzag Left Device Origin: this is for the angle between the threading point and the direction of the mechanical origin of zigzag device at last needle position. Angle = Parameter value *0.9. For an example, the parameter value is 80; the angle will be 80*0.9=72°.
- Zigzag Device Movement Detection: Test whether the device moves to the proper position. User needs set this parameter according to the actual condition of the device.
- Test Thread-sending Motor of Zigzag Device (Y/N): The default value is “Y”. “Y”: the thread-sending motor will not rotate until the position of hall component is checked. “N”: The thread-sending motor will run as long as the system is at embroidery status, regardless the position of the hall component. It can only be used at the “107-P03-1.0” and higher version (for PC107 Board) or the “107B-JY-1.0 & 107B-DB-1.0” and higher version (for PC107B Board).
5. Relative Operations of Zigzag Embroidery
5.1. Shift between Flat Embroidery Position and Zigzag Embroidery Position
(1) Manual Shift
In the main interface, press the key to enter into color-changing interface.
“1” is for zigzag embroidery, others are for non-zigzag embroideries. Press the number to activate the corresponding needle position. Press to exit. The indicates the embroidery mode of the current zigzag embroidery. Click that key to change the embroidery mode. If user has nothing to change, please press to exit.
Definition of icons:
Z4 Embroidery: The rod swings at each stitch.
Z5 Embroidery: The feature of it is same to Z4. It is suitable for the thick thread.
(Refer to the parameter: Swinging scope of frame in Zigzag sewing)
Before embroidering, automatic shift can be achieved through setting the color-changing position. In the main interface, press “” to enter into color changing interface, and then press the key (zigzag head) to change zigzag embroidery mode:
Press the corresponding icon to select the very zigzag embroidery mode, if you don’t want to change, and then press to exit. After confirmation of the embroidery mode and the setting of color-changing order, the system will display as below:
The icon means the manual shift status. But the setting in will still be in effect when system is in automatic shift state.
5.2. M Axis Operation of Zigzag Embroidery
The operations about M axis contain “M axis to be ready”, “M axis to cycle” and “M axis to turn”, which are all in the Assistant Functions. In the main interface, you can click to enter into the “Assistant Operation” interface. Turn the page, then you can see the parameters “M axis to be ready”, “M axis to cycle” and “M axis to turn” displayed in order.
- Return M Axis to Working Point
Press the key “M axis to be ready” and click on the dialogue window to let the M axis back to the working point, click to exit.
- Return the M-axis to the Origin Point (Step Moving)
Press the key “M axis to cycle” and click on the dialogue window to let the M axis rotate to the “Zero point”, click
Rotate M Axis ManuallyPress the key “M axis to return” and click “turn to left” on the dialogue window to let the M axis rotate to the left. It will rotate 18° left once you click the button. After 20 times click, it will return to its origin; while click “turn to right” on the dialogue window to let the M axis rotate to the right. It will rotate 18° right once you click the button as well. After 20 times click it will return to its origin; click to exit.